The following policies and procedures will be in effect for English III:
- Analyze challenging texts through SpringBoard units and novel study.
- Effectively communicate in writing, with specific focus on writing to explain and writing to argue. Students will also learn to write in the MLA format when writing a research paper.
- Focus on grammar review and reading strategies to hit ACT college readiness benchmarks in English and Reading.
- Score Proficient or Distinguished on the on demand writing test.
- Be in class on time, prepared, and ready to work.
- Give your best effort on class work and homework, even if the material is challenging.
- Respect your school, teacher, classmates, and yourself.
- Demonstrate a positive, supportive attitude.
Please see the First Day Letter in my Class Files/Links section for a complete overview of the class.