Due to COVID restrictions, our Food Pantry will only be open by appointment. Click to SIGN UP using our new online system. If you have questions, please contact FRYSC Coordinator Cathy Pedro at 859-261-3223 or email@example.com.
What does the FRYSC do?
The Family Resource & Youth Service Centers were created as part of the Kentucky Education Reform Act. The purpose of the centers is to enhance students abilities to succeed in the school by assisting children, youth, and families in meeting some of their basic needs. The services are for all children, youth, and their families as well as senior citizens who reside within the community they reside.
Services include, but are not limited to...
- Referral assistance for child care, preschool, and after school care.
- Health and education services for new and expectant parents.
- Education to enhance parenting skills and education for pre-school parents and their children.
- Health Services or referral to health services.
- Support Services
- Employment counseling, training, and placement
- Summer and part time job development
- Drug and alcohol counseling
- Family crisis and mental health counseling
Anyone interested in being a volunteer chaperone must fill out the volunteer application and meet approval before he/ she may chaperone a school event. To apply for approval pick up an application, fill it out and return it to the Family Resource Center. Please allow up to 4 weeks for approval.
Donations: The Family Resource & Youth Service Center (FRYSC) is made possible through a grant but donations of time and clothing, household items and money are always welcomed. Without the generosity of our staff and community members we would not be able to provide our students with the things they need most. Thank you!
Contact Cathy Pedro, FRYSC Director, for more information about our programs.
The FRYSC is housed in the elementary building. Call 859-261-3223 or Email Cathy Pedro at firstname.lastname@example.org