Modern World Civilizations
View Events/Assignments for
To prepare you to learn in and contribute to an information oriented world, this yearlong course will provide a detailed overview of Modern World Civilizations from the Renaissance to the present day. You will learn about the cultural, political, economic, and geographical forces that have contributed to the historical progress of the modern world, specifically focusing on European history and the globalization of Western ideals such as democracy and human rights.
- Introduction to Course: Why Study History?: The World Today
- Age of Discovery: Renaissance, Reform and Exploration
- Age of Reason: Enlightenment Ideals, Scientific Revolution
- Age of Revolutions: French and American Revolutions, Industrial Revolution
- Two Centuries of Conflict: Franco-Prussian War, Bolshevik Revolution, World Wars I & II
- Twentieth Century and Beyond: Cold War, Post War independence movements, globalization, terrorism
- Welcome back!
Please check your student email for a link to join my Google Classroom for this class.